Sunday, April 10, 2011

St. George.

Last week our group (otherwise known as SA21 – the 21st Peace Corps group to serve here in South Africa) gathered for a mid-service conference in Pretoria. It was an opportunity to reconnect, reflect and then look forward.  We only have a year before we have to decide what we all will do next? It was really good to see some of the volunteers that I hadn’t seen in a long time and be together again – the group you arrive with really becomes your extended family (all of the good and the bad)! Being here puts you in this heightened state of awareness and really helps you see what you want (or don’t want). Sometimes it can be amazing and other times it can be a bit overwhelming. I don’t know that I have it all figured out but I’m glad I was able to be in some good company last week. Plus, I got to take unlimited showers and eat a lot of food.
And, even better, I got to come back home to my amazing community and host family that I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment