Monday, January 23, 2012

My heart is full.

I have been really happy these last couple of weeks. Usually, when I get back from a long vacation, I go through a deep depression acclimating back to village life (back to taking bucket baths, eating bland food, slow days, hot weather, limited conversations, blah, blah, blah…poor me). Anyway, this time, I haven’t really felt that way. It’s been easier for some reason. For example, last night, I played a rousing game of UNO until late (okay, late is relative but it was darkish?) into the night with three of my favorite kids. They have a somewhat sick addiction to the game and I find many of my nights eaten up playing this game of my childhood. But I do enjoy it. I don’t know if it’s the nostalgia now that I am near my end of service or finally feeling like this place is my home. Either one, my heart feels really full.

Saying goodbye is going to be hard.

P.S.  If anyone can (quickly) post another few decks of UNO cards...you would be a saint. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment