Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Celebration.


My beautiful village. 
I feel so lucky.   I decided I wanted the opportunity to be able to say goodbye to everyone at my site all at once so a few weeks ago I discussed the idea of having a party at my house the day before I was going to leave my community.  A small goodbye party.  Piet, my host father, was gracious enough to say yes to having a bunch of kids (who like to listen to loud music) as well as all of my Phedisang Project friends and other community members over to the house for the afternoon.  The party planning turned into a bit of a fiasco which I won’t go into but in the end it all worked out (somehow it always does…)?  My interns came and gave a speech, the girls from Camp GLOW were also there (and helped decorate and serve food), the Phedisang staff helped cook food, the kids who I hang out with from the community all showed up, and many community members came out to say goodbye.   Oh, and of course a couple of my PCV friends were there as well.  It was a day that I will never forget.  The day was filled with food, dancing, laughing and, of course, many tears... 

I have a few pictures on some of my friends and family to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment