Thursday, December 19, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. But not in Africa.

I’m sorry for my lack of posts.  Life has been hectic.  Anyway, I’m getting ready to leave on another adventure.  Surprisingly this one will not be in Africa.  I’m going to be spending the holidays this year in South America.  Brazil to be more exact.  I decided to tackle another continent.  Not because I don’t love my beautiful Africa.  It’s just that the cost of getting anywhere within the continent is crazy.  It’s almost cheaper to move off of the continent than to move within (at least trying to fly anywhere).  So, a friend talked me into meeting her in Rio de Janeiro (honestly, it wasn’t that hard to convince me…)!  We will spend a few days in Rio and then fly to Salvador where we’ll spend Christmas.  But, of course we have to go back to Rio where we will spend New Year's at one of the "1000 Places to See Before You Die."



I will report back in January with lots of pictures and stories but until then…sending my love and wishing you all a happy holiday season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment