Thursday, May 21, 2015

Wedding Things.

I had the honor of being in my first Zambian wedding this weekend.  My wonderful friend, Bonde, got married.  She looked amazing.  The venue was spectacular.  The entertainment was on point.  Everything was perfect.  In Zambia, the bridesmaids and groomsmen all perform a dance at the reception (we actually learned a few dances). It is quite a commitment (I later figured out) to be on the lineup for a wedding here in Zambia.  You start practicing months in advance and then you better not mess up on the actual day.  I can’t say that my dancing was spectacular but I managed.  A couple of the people on the lineup made up for those of us that, well, aren't very good dancers.  I’m not sure I really want to see the video of the performance.  In my mind, I will just pretend I was an amazing professional back-up dancer. :)

Aside from the dancing, the entire day was crazy.  From waking up with bendy rollers in our hair to getting our make-up done to getting dressed for church and then back for pictures and lunch then changing to our evening accessories then heading to the venue and dancing…it all happened so fast?!  I remember thinking when I got home that I couldn't believe the day was over.


Thank goodness that Bonde and Andreas have an entire lifetime ahead of them…because, man, does a wedding day go by fast.  Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures.  Once we get some of the professional pictures then I’ll post a few more but for now enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment