Sunday, March 28, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

So I am finally an official Peace Corps Volunteer!  I have moved into my new home and am very happy to report that all is well (although I miss my host family very much and plan on visiting them as often as I can).  My organization is great and will keep me very busy and my "house" is a small "four square" that will suit me just fine.  I am still figuring out how to "decorate" but am very pleased.  I have so much to learn...the new language will be the most important.  But, for now, here I am in beautiful South Africa.

Oh, and please use my new address (it's posted on the right)!  It's ready to accept lots of mail from you!

2 comments:

  1. Wendy - we miss you. What a great photo! Please post photos of your new home too. I'm very excited to hear stories - especially of any encounters with wildlife... do I see a lion lurking in those bushes behind you? And how is the AIDS outreach going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Wendy! So glad to hear you are settled and enjoying the new world around you.

    Nina

    ReplyDelete