Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Avuxeni (hello)!

I am alive and send my love!  I am happily matched with MAMA MONICCA and sister (her granddaughter) TUMI.  They are so loving!  MAMA only speaks Sotho but TUMI speaks English (she's 17) and they are great.  The village is called Machipe.  I am being taught Xitsonga because after I am with my host family for 2 months I will be going to a community that speaks Xitsonga (I think it will be north of here).  Love, Wendy (LETHABO). [posted for Wendy by Christine Blackmore]

1 comment:

  1. Hey Wendy,

    ' had a dream about you last night. I think it's my brain's way of saying that I need to reach out to say, "Hi", so "Hi!" I am SO jealous of your big adventure.

    I hope that this experience has a hugely positive impact on you and that you are able to have a hugely positive impact on the people you are working with.

    You inspire me.

    Be well,

    Spencer..

    ReplyDelete