Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So close...but yet so far.

It feels like I'm getting closer.  A couple of shots and a 17+ hour plane ride.  We will be there in no time.  I am in Washington, DC, with my fellow volunteers.  It feels good.  We have all started talking about why we made this decision and done a bit of bonding about luggage.  I think it's going well.  I don't know that I have learned anything more about our South African post (mostly we just discussed our commitment to the Peace Corps and then the logistics about making our way to South Africa) but all in good time.  When we land and start our PST (that's pre-service training) it sounds like we start cramming for finals.

I am excited, nervous, scared...I can't sleep.  Just like a little kid on Christmas night.   

2 comments:

  1. We are scared for you but we are also proud of you. Stay safe. We love you, Aunt Yvonne

    ReplyDelete