Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh Sunday, Sunday.

In the Denver Post this morning there was an editorial entitled "One Week's Notice" which I read while eating pancakes made by my mom and dad during my last week here in Colorado (thank you)!  It was essentially one of the editors giving notice because she realized she wasn't moving in the right direction.  Did you know that over 55% of us are unsatisfied with our current jobs?  This doesn't seem that shocking to me.  Lately, everyone I talk to seems unsatisfied with the work that they are doing.  Usually it's a vague dissatisfaction about the people or the money or the actual work or they have some other passion (other than their current job).

We all have something that motivates us and our reasons are never the same.  They are shaped by our family, friends, culture, beliefs (and this list expands depending on who is making it).  Some people make changes in their career when they experience job dissatisfaction and others stay.  I'm always intrigued.  But you know what?  It's just a decision with good and bad potential which we have to deal with anyway, right?  So whatever you do, just make a decision, and move forward.

Speaking of making decisions and giving notice.  I leave in about two weeks for South Africa.    

1 comment:

  1. Wendy.. can't wait to meet you in DC! Enjoyed reading this post.

    ReplyDelete