Thursday, January 14, 2010

Back in Phoenix.

And organizing away.  For those of you who want to know about some details, I shall tell you what I know.  I leave for Washington, DC, on Tuesday, January 26 as my Staging (fancy name for a short get together with my fellow group who is also on their way to South Africa with our fearless training leaders) is held on January 27th and 28th.  And on the 28th we are all flying to Johannesburg at around 5PM in the evening (after getting a few shots before departing).

When we get to Johannesburg we head to a place (Ndebele College of Education) about two hours outside of the city near Dennilton in Mpumalanga Province.  I guess that's where we will live for about a week getting our feet wet before we are placed with our wonderful South African host families.

This collective "we" that I speak about is forming through blogs and facebook groups and is already proving quite diverse.  It will be interesting to meet everyone.  But, I have to say that I don't think that anyone can top Christine's stories...I am already missing your stories. I love you, Christine!

And I have discovered my favorite isiZulu word.  I doubt that I will ever use it but I like the way that it sounds.  idada=duck

1 comment:

  1. Love you!!!

    I encourage you to find ways to work idada into sentences, just to cultivate your confidence. Thanks for blogging! I eagerly await more as you enter the country, find your assignment, and let us know more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete