Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My New Status.

So next week will officially be my year marker here. I only have one year left in South Africa. But what will I do with the rest of my life? I was sitting with my host dad and he suggested I could stay here longer…hmmm. I think I miss America. Too much.  A funny story though. I now have two other Peace Corps volunteers relatively close (taxi rides away) so I invited them over to meet my family and see my community on Saturday. While we were sitting on the “stoop” (also known as the porch) talking to my host dad he suddenly exclaimed to the newest volunteer, “You sound like a true American!” So then I asked him what I sounded like? And (I swear this is true) he said, “You sound like an African!” Ahh, he said I sound like an African. I almost teared up…


But this still doesn’t answer my question, “What next?” Good thing I have another year. In the meantime, I will enjoy my status of sounding like an African.

No comments:

Post a Comment