Sunday, May 8, 2011

One More Time!

Dear Friends and Family:


I am writing to ask for your support (again!) for an upcoming project. The project that I am seeking your support for corresponds with my girls club and is aimed at bringing a group of girls from my rural community together with a group of girls from a similar community in another volunteer’s village where we will then host a leadership camp (Camp GLOW – Girls Leading Our World) for the week. This camp is a unique opportunity for young girls to learn leadership development skills, while also focusing on issues of women’s empowerment, health, and environmental awareness. We (I am working in partnership with another Peace Corps Volunteer) truly believe it will be a life-changing week for these girls. 
My request from you is in the form of any financial assistance/donations to help with the overall operational cost of the camp – including lodging, transportation, food provisions, and materials/supplies. Through many of your generous donations (thank you, thank you!) I have raised a portion of the funds but am still in need of some additional funding. The camp is being planned for the July school holiday so we are in need of funding as soon as possible. No opportunities like this currently exist for the girls in our rural communities, and our goal is to create a camp that provides them with access to much needed information surrounding their physical and emotional health as well as providing them with a chance to gain much needed confidence...as well as just having a lot of fun!

I can be reached via email (wendydelta@yahoo.com) if you have any questions and I appreciate your consideration.
The easiest way to donate is to send a check (or cash if you are so inclined!) to my parents address and they will deposit in my account:

Betty Kingston
18535 E. Lawndale Place
Queen Creek, Arizona 85142

Best in health,

Wendy Kingston

Peace Corps Volunteer, 2010-2012

Community HIV/Aids Outreach Program

Limpopo, South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment