Saturday, May 14, 2011

Five Much.


Interns completing the self-assessment

I am in a frenzy. I have so many projects I can’t keep them straight. I think it’s a coping mechanism for me at this moment (I won’t go into details). Anyway, along with planning and fundraising for the camp (Camp GLOW!!) that I am extremely excited about (keep those donations coming...please!?! - see previous post if you would like to assist with this awesome camp), helping one of our centers build a new building, working with the school on various projects, day to day work at the centers like renewing NPO certificates, writing policies and procedures, annual reports and job descriptions...today I started an internship program at our centers called, “Achieve Your Goals (AYG) Internship Program.” After applying for and receiving a small grant last year which will provide the funding for this project, I have been writing manuals, buying supplies, accepting applications from possible candidates, and doing interviews.  Well, today we proudly had our first meeting with 12 young interns from the community. The kids who are participating in the internship are in grades 10, 11 or 12 and they will be helping at our drop-in centers while learning basic job skills. All in a day of the life of a Peace Corps volunteer.

Then I relaxed in my bucket bath. 
2011 Phedisang AYG Interns (and my co-facilitator)

No comments:

Post a Comment