Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Christmas.

So I was prepared to be bitter and sad as I wrote about Christmas today. But I’m not. I feel lucky. I am experiencing new places, meeting new people and doing amazing work. Even though I don’t get to be with my family in the comforts of a traditional American Christmas, I am waking up in Africa. The rain is pouring down, I am drinking tea and I will get to spend the day here in Mongu with new friends as we pull together to create a day celebrating where we are. And I feel quite lucky to be here.

I hope that wherever you are, you enjoy this day. Merry Christmas! 
The amazing Patrick and Carl - my own Christmas miracles.




Our feast.  The squash at the top were for my benefit.




I had some trouble setting the automatic timer.

But we finally got a group photo before sitting down to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment