Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like...


2013.  You thought I was going somewhere else with that opening, didn’t you?!  J  Happy New Year!  I am pleased to report that I have successfully made it through another year.  I do have to admit that 2012 was probably not my most productive year.  Strangely, I sort of felt like 2012 was my “gap year.”  You know, that year between high school and college (not that I am at all in this age range but it’s the idea)?  Maybe I just needed some time to figure things out.  I wasn't really planning it this way.  I didn't have a map.  It just seemed to happen. 

Let’s see, I finished my Peace Corps service in South Africa at the beginning of 2012 (which has changed my life in so many ways).  Then I took a month long hiatus trip floating around South Africa after which I traveled back to the US of A…and lived with my parents for the next several months.  Well, actually, for about a month during that time I traveled here and there.  And the entire time I was searching to find my place in the world all the while letting go of old habits that weren't really helping me move forward.  And, now, here I am.  In Zambia.  Where I finished out the remainder of 2012. 

I don’t know that I have had some big revelation which is making me feel like it’s now going to be okay.  But I think it's going to be okay.  And I don’t have any regrets about 2012.  It was a good year.  One that I will never forget.  And, just for fun, I thought I would share a couple of songs that will forever remind me of New Year's 2013 in Zambia (hopefully the links work)!  


No comments:

Post a Comment