Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thinking about home.


I’ve been thinking a lot about home.  And what that means.  People ask me all of the time if I miss home.  I miss my sister and those amazing boys of hers.  I miss going to movies with my mom.  I miss going to eat Mexican food with my Grandmother.  I miss my dad’s quiet ways and his willingness to always help.  I miss going to yoga (or drinks or hiking or just spending time) with my friends.  I miss my Carnelian sisters.  I was just looking at pictures and I can’t tell you how much I miss all of you…wherever you are.  But I don’t know that I miss "home."  I feel like part of this journey the past 3 years or so has been a bit of searching for where my home might be...I still don’t know that I’ve found the perfect place for me but I know that wherever I go I find more people that continue to make a place feel like home even if the place isn't quite home yet.  And although it makes me sad that I can’t carry everyone around in a little bag with me wherever I go, just knowing that you are all with me (reading my blog or sending me an email  or text or just thinking about me) it makes me feel like I’m already home.  Wherever I go.  And someday I will actually have a home where you can visit me.

2 comments:

  1. Hiking with friends!
    I hiked Gateway Loop today and remembered trying to meet the Blackmores there!
    Hope you are well...I have GC pics to share...easier to just email them?
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Mr. Goodspeed! I miss our hikes...and please share pics as soon as possible. Yes, email is good?

    Miss you!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete