Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My Sister in Zambia.

My sister!  She finally made it to Africa.  I have to admit that I was a little bit stunned when she said she was coming.  This is a woman who works full-time and takes care of 3 amazing boys.  I just didn’t think she would have the time to make the loooong trek…but she did it and I’m so happy she did! 

Although our time together was short we managed to pack in a lot…I dragged her around to see some “normal” moments of my life here in Zambia.  We went to “quiz night” with my friends, visited my office, worked out at the gym, and spent Friday night at my favorite hangout spot.  These were the moments that I probably loved the most.  Having her see that my life here really is just normal?  I mean, yes, we have power cuts and women walking with buckets on their head but it’s just another city even though it’s in another continent halfway across the world.

But then, of course, we did the typical tourist things that you can only do in Africa.  Walked with a cheetah, swam to the edge of one of the 7 natural wonders of the world (Victoria Falls) and saw plenty of African wildlife (lions, elephants, giraffe…).  These are the amazing things that I am lucky enough to have in right in my backyard (well, a few hours away) and I'm also glad she was able to see what an amazing place it is here. 
  
It was a fabulous week.  I know it’s not an easy trip (lots of sitting in planes and waiting in airports) so I am so grateful and happy that she made the journey.  Now she can share with her family that Aunt Wendy isn’t crazy living in Africa.  And one day maybe the entire family will come and visit.  Maybe. J

Although she put lots of pictures up I have a few here as well!  Love you sis! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment