Thursday, March 24, 2016

Changes.

I cannot tell you how much I love Zambia.  I never imagined when I moved here that I would stay this long…but now I have and I can’t imagine leaving.   What will I miss?!
  • My little rondavel house
  • Running early in the morning when no one is awake
  •  Friday afternoons with friends. Friends. I will miss the amazing friends I have made. 
  • Chitenge!  So much chitenge…
  • My yoga classes with the most wonderful students ever (see my previous post). 
  • Work. I will miss my work at JSI.
  • Daily power cuts (okay I don’t know if I will really miss these but I’ve sort of gotten used and will miss talking about them all the time).
  • Sundowners (and the amazing sunsets that accompany the sundowners)


Change isn’t easy.  At least it isn't easy for a Libra like me.  I am not great working through the transitions of life.  I love coming out on the other side but moving through the change?  That’s tough.  I have worked very hard to build a life that is wide…filled with people and places and work that is fulfilling.  But that has meant that change is inevitable.  As I prepare for another change I am so excited about the future but still working through the sadness of letting go.  It has been an honor to live and work in this great country, meet amazing and wonderful people who have helped me to grow and will forever be a part of my life, and don’t worry…I will be back.  

Mozambique.  I will see you soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment