Sunday, August 8, 2010

Coming home.

I have been away from my site for the past couple of weeks (thus the reason for my lack of blog posts - my deepest apologies all you thousands of followers). But this weekend I came home. It feels strange to say that I was making my way "back home" since most of the time I still feel like a visitor here but maybe I am making more headway than I think because I actually got hugs (yes, actual embraces) from people after being gone - they seemed to miss me!? And I was really happy to see everyone. In fact, I didn’t even mind my bucket bath this morning. And, you know, walking to the pit latrine in the morning does allow you to greet your neighbors which is a perk that you don’t get when you have a bathroom in your actual house?

No comments:

Post a Comment