Friday, January 7, 2011

Ain't it beautiful.

Ahh, vacation. So I now understand why people flock to Cape Town. It is an amazing place. For the holidays (so I wouldn't be depressed without the comforts of my family and friends for Christmas and New Year), I embarked on an amazing adventure. I think I could have spent another several weeks in Cape Town and been quite content (it might have also been the showers and free use of a washer as well)?  You have the ocean, wineries, mountains, shopping, great food, museums…the list goes on. I, again, traveled with the wonderful couple, Chuck and Michelle, who have taken me under their wing and into their family (which can be confirmed because the three of us shared a flat for a week with one bathroom which did not have a bathroom door – this took a bit of coordinating but we managed…hey, it was a free accommodation). We climbed Table Mountain in record time, watched African penguins in Betty’s Bay, walked along the cliffs of Hermanus hoping to see whales (no luck), toured several wineries where I tried to taste the asparagus in my wine (no luck again but I drank it anyway), ran up Chapman’s Peak, watched a concert in the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens on New Year’s Eve, and enjoyed the Cape Town Minstrel Carnival Parade on New Year’s day.


I must admit I was a glad to be home after my almost 30 hours of travel…but it was well worth the journey. Please view the pictures of our amazing adventure. Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had the chance to get there! I will be there in just over 2 weeks time with my family.

    ReplyDelete