Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank you.

I first must thank my girls club donors to date (and there’s still time to make donations if you are feeling generous)! My fabulous friend Christine – you are most amazing. Grandmother – I love you. Chad, Lorrie and Kathy…I will buy you a drink when I get back (that is, when I get a job)! :)

I am working with the primary school here in my village to organize the first meeting (remember, things move via SLT but have no fear)…and I will keep you informed as to our progress. I am very excited!

So I read an article in the paper during my holiday break that I enjoyed and wanted to share…I will try to find the link and post. For now, let me at least share one small part of the article (which was about aging and living longer). The author, Robert Rowland Smith, talks about aging not along a continuous axis where you might be tempted to keep doing the same things.  He states that the challenge (and opportunity) of getting older is to make abrupt turns which might not only make you better but essentially these turns could make you a different person. I like that.

Here's to some abrupt turns for all of us in 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment